Monday 7 April 2014

The Act

Town of Origin: Mitcham, South London
Year Formed:
















Members

Paul Cribb - vocals
Dave Richards - rhythm guitar
Adrian Tyndale - lead guitar, vocals
Dave Fromant - bass guitar
Stuart Aldous - drums

Jeff Webb - rhythm guitar, vocals

The Act were essentially a school group from Eastfields Secondary Boys School in Mitcham, South London. They recorded four songs at R.G. Jones recording studio which were made into an acetate EP for the Oak label. Jeff Webb replaced Dave Richards on rhythm guitar. The Act disbanded in March 1967 but got together again for a reunion in the 1990s.

All but Dave Richards are present in this photograph.













UK Eps

1965 I Wish I Could Find Her/Everything To Me/I Turn To Love You/I Warned You        Oak RGJ 407


1 comment:

  1. Would anybody be able to tell me where I can obtain these tracks....Please help an old man !

    ReplyDelete